In line with our mission that ensures total quality as a trademark that permeates all aspects of our operations at Zenith University College, this document provides the framework for the enforcement of the highest standard of performance. Ethical guidelines set out here are normally basic attitudinal and behavioral responsibilities that are established norms in the tertiary education industry.
1. To promote a high standard of performance in all areas of teaching, learning, academic support services and administration.
2. To ensure effective and efficient feedback and monitoring processes in all areas of operation at the University.
3. To excel in all areas of academic endeavor in accordance with the vision, mission and the philosophy of Zenith University College.
4. To promote professionalism in work ethics and ensure strict adherence to international standards with due regard to quality at all levels of performance.
QUALITY ASSURANCE BENCHMARKS
ATTENDANCE AT LECTURES
The aim of this provision is to ensure compliance with high level of attendance at lectures and maximum output by lecturers and students. The following processes are in place:
- Before the start of classes, each class representative (to be elected by each class) is served with class attendance sheets containing names of all registered students for that subject. The class representative is to mark student’s as present/absent.
- The attendance sheets have a column reserved for the class representative and lecturer to append their signatures after each lecture.
- At the end of the lecture the class representative returns the attendance sheet to the course/programme Coordinator at the Registry.
- Time sheets are completed and signed by the lecturer, counter-signed by the representative and the Head of Department. The completed sheets are to be sent to the Finance Manager’s office. Any overtime or part-time payments will be based on the information provided on the
CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT: The Continuous Assessment Scheme (CAS) is compulsory for all students. Each department must comply with the criteria set out by the Academic Board. The aim of this policy is to ensure adequate focus on teaching and learning processes and prepare students adequately for their final examinations and professional training. The scheme requires that at least three (3) assessments (two assignments and a mid-semester examination) shall be recorded to form part of the Continuous Assessment Scheme (CAS). The credit marks on the CAS form 40% of the final assessment marks for all internally assessed courses. These records will also be used for testimonials among other things for students.
STUDENTS’ ASSESSMENT OF LECTURERS
To achieve and sustain quality standards in the delivery of lectures to enhance effective teaching and learning for students, performance of lecturers is evaluated once a semester. The following are indicators used and how they are applied in the assessment processes.
- Areas covered are; (i) Course content; (ii) Mode of delivery; (iii) Attendance; (iv) Assignment.
- Lecturers are assessed on their strengths/weaknesses and use of teaching aids.
- The final assessment points are in percentages.
- Low grade lecturers are advised to improve upon performance during the following semester or resign.
- The Assessment Committee presents its report to the Academic Board for decision making.
SEMESTER REPORTS FROM HEADS OF DEPARTMENT
For effective monitoring of lecturers for career development and continuous improvement in departmental and academic assignments such as publications and research, Heads of Department are to report on individual lecturers at the end of each semester.
STUDENTS’ ASSESSMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
Students are given assessment form to assess the quality and standard of performance of administrative staff of the University and the staff involved in the day-to-day running of the institution.
PROVISION OF SUPPORT SERVICES
Our academic and administrative support systems are IT – based and upgraded regularly to meet the latest standards of performance and efficiency.